The kick-off meeting – accompanied by a public conference – took place at Clermont-Ferrand (France) on 7th of March.
Mr René Souchon, President of the Auvergne regional Council, welcomed the participants and opened the conference.
Then Mrs Marie-José Bernard, Interreg IVC national contact point, presented the programme and gave details and explanations on the results of the first Interreg IVC project calls.
Mrs Charlotte Legrand, project manager in the Regional Council of Auvergne, informed the audience about the other regional actions of Auvergne as far as European cooperation is concerned, with a special focus on RTF and IMMODI projects.
The second part of the conference was dedicated to the CesR project itself. Mr Thomas Ducloutrier, project manager in the Auvergne Regional Tourism Development Board, Lead Partner of the project, gave of presentation of the objectives of CesR, as well as the planned activities and expected results.
Then all partners introduced their regions and organizations, explaining the stakes their area was facing and the relevance of the CesR project to their problematic of development:
- Mr Karel Hošek, Olomouc Region (Czech Republic)
- Mr Marek Wieckowski, Polish Academy of Sciences (Poland)
- Mrs Filio Kyriacou, Troodos Development Company (Cyprus)
- Mrs Trinidad Manrique de Lara Vílchez, Diputación de Granada (Spain)
- Mr Janis Aprans, University of Latvia Centre for European and Transition Studies (Latvia)
- Mr Daniel Ulčar, Regional Development Agency Mura (Slovenia)
- Mr Louis Duffy, Cork County Council (Ireland)
Mr André Chapaveire, Deputy President of the Auvergne Regional Tourism Development Board, concluding the event, asking for the active involvement of all participants until the end of the project and the final conference to be held in Clermont-Ferrand as well, in the last months of year 2014.