From the 26th to the 29th of June, CesR partners met in Gozo, the second island of Malta, to learn from very interesting business examples.
Actually, the CesR project idea was born in Gozo, when the Lead Partner observed the products of a company called Baron Group Malta. The idea behind the CesR study trip to Gozo was to show all partners these positive initiatives and to investigate it deeper.
Various meetings were organized, with key stake holders:
– Mr Brian Meilak, Operations Executive, Baron Group Ltd (http://www.barongroupmalta.com/)
– Mr Paul Scicluna, CEO of Gozo Farmhouses Ltd (http://www.gozofarmhouses.com/)
– Mr Manuel Tabone, Director, Tourism & Economic Development, Ministry for Gozo (www.visitgozo.com)
– Mr Anthony Zammit, Director, Eco-Gozo & Regional Development, Ministry for Gozo (www.ecogozo.com)
– Mr Joe Muscat, Chief Executive Officer of Gozo Tourism Association (www.islandofgozo.org)
These meetings allowed the partners to understand better a business model of self-catering holiday homes with a la carte in house services included.
The development in the CesR regions of such business model represents a very high potential of jobs creation. The analyze of its transferability in different countries with different legal contexts is one of the next tasks of the CesR partnership.
This study trip was also the occasion to organize a steering committee meeting of the project.